Studio Residency at NYDesignsPosted by webmaster on September 21
NYDesigns hosts a business residency program for design entrepreneurs of all disciplines at all stages of growth. Residents set up shop in affordable studio spaces and are given priority in accessing all of NYDesigns’ professional development programs and services at reduced cost. We are committed to both individual business growth and creative collaboration among a community of exceptional peers.
WHAT YOU GET
- A studio space (sizes and layouts vary) with 11-foot-high ceilings in a converted loft; dimensions and layout vary
- Common spaces free-of-charge: conference rooms, lounge, occasional event space
- Storage space at additional cost
- 2 loading dock bays and a freight elevator
- Fiber optic network and free broadband Internet access
- Phones with pre-negotiated long-distance rates
- 24-hour accessibility and security
The residency program is open to design entrepreneurs of all disciplines. We require submission of a working business plan demonstrating projected growth targets for a 3-5 year period. Upon submission of the business plan, you are invited to give a formal presentation to a committee consisting of NYDesigns management, our business consultant and usually a guest from the design community. Inclusion in our resident community depends on the strength of the business plan as well as your perceived contributions to the synergy and community cohesion of NYDesigns.
Applications are rolling and the process can be as short or as long as the business plan process requires.
If you don’t have a business plan or need help in completing one, let us know. Our staff will steer you in the right direction or connect you with the right professionals.